No lab test is required for identifying the eczema or atopic dermatitis. The dermatologist can likely diagnose by examining the skin & reviewing medical history. Patch test is a common test that is conducted by the dermatologist.
This is a type of skin disease that makes red patches on the skin accompanied by itching. This type of skin disease is very common among the children but it can occur among the people of any age group. It is a chronic skin disease and tends to erupt periodically. The disease can be accompanied by hay fever or asthma. When the disease outbreak, it means you need to seek Eczema Treatment London immediately.
Symptoms of eczema
Eczema or atopic dermatitis symptoms & signs vary from person to person & include the following:
- Dryness on the skin
- Itching that can become severe during the night
- Red or brownish patches on the skin- on the feet, hands, wrist, ankle, upper chest, eyelids, neck and in the infants on the scalp and face.
- Raised small bumps that might leak fluid & crust over when injured.
- Scaly, thickened skin
- Sensitive, swollen and raw skin from scratching.
Eczema mostly begins before 5 years & persist into adulthood. For many people, this disease recurs occasionally. When such thing happens, it is recommended that you should visit the Eczema Treatment London at the earliest.
When to visit?
It’s time to see the doctor if you or your kid feels uncomfortable that is affecting the sleep or regular activities. If you find any pus, yellow scabs and red streaks on the skin and the symptoms continue, then without wasting a single minute seek consultation with an experienced dermatologist.
The disease can be persistent. Thus, it is important to recognize the symptoms early and consequently the doctor can start the treatment.
About medication & therapies
When regular application of moisture & other self-care fails to help then the doctor might recommend any of the below mentioned medication and therapy.
- The doctor at the Mole Clinic London might recommend creams which helps in controlling itching & helps in repairing the skin. After moisturizing the skin, apply it directly on the affected are.
- The dermatologist might prescribe antibiotic cream if the skin has bacterial infection. Oral antibiotic can be also recommended for short period to treat the infection.
- Taking of oral drugs for severe cases.
- A very effective & intensive treatment for serious eczema includes wrapping of the affected area with wet bandages.
- Light therapy is another significant therapy given to the patients who rapidly experience outbreak of the disease right after the treatment. The skin is exposed to the natural sunlight. Other types of light used in the treatment includes UVA and UVB alone or with medicine.
- Counselling is necessary for those people who are frustrated with the skin condition.
- Behavior modification helps people who have the continuous habit of scratching.
Prepare for the appointment
When you our any of the family member suffers from eczema, it is important that you seek consultation with an experienced dermatologist to get the best possible treatment. You must not shy away and discuss everything with the doctor. The doctor will provide you the appropriate treatment.